Monday - Friday
6pm - 10pm
Saturday - Sunday
10am - 6pm
*Voicemail Service Available
ENQUIRIES & BOOKINGS
CREWE THEATRE EVENTS
OCTOBER 2018 EVENTS
30 EAST DRIVE EVENTS
FORD GREEN HALL EVENTS
Online Payments Processed By
Office Closed 19/05/18 - 28/05/18
Etruria Hall was constructed between 1768 and 1771 to a design produced by Joseph Pickford for Josiah Wedgwood on rising ground midway near the recently built Etruria Works.
Another large detached house called Bank House was built at the same time near Etruria Road to accommodate Thomas Bentley. However he declined to take up residence there, preferring to remain in Liverpool.
The Wedgwood family moved to Bank House in November 1769 and into Etruria Hail upon its completion in 1771. The original house was a typical symmetrical Georgian house of three stories.
The house was clearly visible from the other side of the valley, a conscious expression of the wealth and social standing of its owner. As Wedgwood’s family increased in size preparations were made for extending the house and in 1780 two wings, two stories in height, joined by a single story corridor were added to the Hall. They housed bedchambers for Wedgwood’s children, a school room and billiard room, and a bedchamber for Alexander Chisholm, Wedgwood’s assistant, as well as a drawing room 30 feet by 20 feet long.
The building was given Grade II listed status in 1973. The house was restored as part of the 1986 Stoke-on-Trent Garden Festival, the second of Britain's National Garden Festivals, and incorporated as the centre-piece of the festival to lend it a 'historical dimension'. After the end of the festival, the hall was one of the few buildings on the site to allowed to remain. It was developed as part of the four-star Moat House hotel, operated by the Best Western chain.
Key Event Information
Saturday 23rd December 2017
Friday 12th January 2018
Time: 9pm - 2am
Price: £29 per person
Deposit Option: N/A
Where: Etruria Hall, Festival Way, Festival Park, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 5BQ
- Work in small and personal groups
- Take part in activities such as glass divination, ouija boards and table tipping
- Full use of our ghost hunting equipment such as EMF devices, EVP recorders and Spirit Boxes
- The chance to conduct a lone vigil for the very brave
- Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night included in the cost
- A friendly and experienced team of Investigators and mediums giving help and guidance
- Qualified first aider present on a fully insured event
- Access to all areas of the building made available to us
Fri, 12th January 2018
Event dates can be selected on the next page
Sat, 23rd December 2017