Monday - Friday
6pm - 10pm
Saturday - Sunday
10am - 6pm
*Voicemail Service Available
ENQUIRIES & BOOKINGS
CREWE THEATRE EVENTS
OXFORD THEATRE EVENTS
PRISON / GAOL EVENTS
30 EAST DRIVE EVENTS
FORD GREEN HALL EVENTS
Online Payments Processed By
Key Event Information
Balance Due Date: One month prior to event
Where: Queen St, Jedburgh, Scottish Borders TD8 6EN
When you think of Kings and Queens in history there are only a few names that immediately spring to mind. How would you like to inhabit the home of one of these infamous people for one night? Mary Queen of Scots spent one month in Jedburgh in the autumn of 1566. So Haunted Houses has invited you to visit in the same month she could have been there, maybe the years will roll back and transport us back to the time that Mary stayed here. It was here that was the turning point in her life and when all her troubles began. A 16th century Bastel house was put at her disposal. When Mary heard that Lord Bothwell lay wounded at Hermitage Castle she set off on the difficult return journey of 40 miles to visit him. She arrived back to Jedburgh ill and close to death.
Inside Mary Queen of Scots house is a unique collection of artifacts and images that give a glimpse into this infamous Queens’ life. You can find a lock of her hair, a beautiful glittering embroidery of her family history and most morbidly of all her death mask which is said to have been taken from her decapitated body at Fotheringay Castle; imagine the energies still linked to these very objects.
Mary Queen of Scots is believed to still inhabit this home. It is often reported from staff and visitors that you can catch the flowery scent of her perfume. It is also commonly reported that you can hear the ruffles of her dress, as if Mary herself is passing by you.
Footsteps and clicking noises are also often reported as well as feelings of being watched and some intense emotional feelings that make some people leave.
Spend the night with Haunted Houses at this historical location on the Scottish Borders.
- Work in small and personal groups
- Take part in activities such as glass divination, ouija boards and table tipping
- Full use of our ghost hunting equipment such as EMF devices, EVP recorders and Spirit Boxes
- The chance to conduct a lone vigil for the very brave
- Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night included in the cost
- A friendly and experienced team of Investigators and mediums giving help and guidance
- Qualified first aider present on a fully insured event
- Access to all areas of the building made available to us