Ashbourne Town Hall Ghost Hunt – Saturday 10th February 2024
Ashbourne Town Hall has everything you need for a spooky ghost hunt. The rooms to investigate include the attic, cellar, ballroom and council chambers, where many strange occurrences have been reported. The hall was built in 1861 and was built on the site of an old Inn known to be a Den of Iniquity and much debauchery.
The site is also linked to the death of Tom Fearn, who tragically lost his life from a falling balance beam of a fire bell in the 1930’s. An old hatch in the council chambers reveals a blocked off stone stairway leading down to the cellars of the former Talbot Inn. Footsteps, terrifying screams, disembodied voices, knocking sounds and tall dark shadow figures are all reported.
WELCOME TO YOUR ASHBOURNE TOWN HALL EXPERIENCE
On a ghost hunt with Haunted Houses you will have exclusive access to the building/location during the evening. You will learn all about ghost hunting and the techniques used to encourage paranormal activity. We have a whole host of scientific ghost hunt equipment for you to use to aid communication with the spirits. You can take part in Ouija boards, glass divination and table tipping; the more traditional ghost hunt techniques. Or simply sitting in the dark and asking for the spirits to interact with you. Lone vigils (ghost hunting alone) will also be offered where available. During your evening you will be split into smaller groups so you can get the most out of your experience. If you are new to ghost hunting we warn you now – by the end of the night you may just become addicted to the fascinating and intriguing world of ghost hunting.
This is a real ghost hunt experience, there is no fakery, tricks or actors jumping out at you. What are you waiting for? Book your places today!
ABOUT YOUR ASHBOURNE TOWN HALL GHOST HUNT:
- This exciting event is a real ghost hunt experience. different to ghost walks or a history tour
- Knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly and hosts
- We do not condone any tricks or faking of activity
- Ghost hunting with us is in small groups, we do not believe in overcrowding
- Spiritual white light protection and grounding before you start
- We can offer an introduction to ghost hunting techniques and equipment for all our first-time ghost hunters
- Traditional Victorian, and scientific experiments for you to try throughout the night
- Lone vigils in the dark for the bravest or experienced ghost hunters
- Full hands-on use with the equipment
- Unlimited hot and cold drinks throughout the night,
- Guests may bring personal midnight snacks if they wish (not included)
- A group discussion of findings at the end sharing experiences with those in other groups who may have missed the happenings you encountered.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
- This location has no sleeping facilities
- This location is not suitable for wheelchair users sorry
- All attendees must be 18 years or older
- Not suitable for pregnant people
- History tours are not given at this location
- This is a dark location with steps, all attendees must bring a torch with them
- Sensible shoes at all times, and warm layered clothing is essential in cold weather
- Be sure that you can attend. All events are non-refundable or transferable should you wish to cancel
- EMF Readers: K2 Meters, Gauss Masters
- Rem Pods
- MEL Meters
- Laser Grids
- Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Spirit Boxes including the Estes Method
- Trigger Objects / Sensor Lights / “Cat Balls”
- Ouija Boards / Glass Divination / Table Tipping
- Dowsing Rods / Crystal Pendulums