Your ghost hunt at the Four Crosses will unravel the layers of time as you enter and feel its heavy energy immediately hit you.
Your ghost hunt at the Four Crosses will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given.
Over the years many sightings of spirits and ghost have been reported at the Four Crosses. Will you encounter the dark male figure said to lurk in the shadows, or perhaps you will be joined by one of the many spirit children seen across the whole site – A sorry story tells of a recent death of a child during the 1980’s, You may notice that the building is built right by the roadside, and it is due to this that one day an excited child ran out of the door and straight into the path of an oncoming vehicle. It is said that this poor soul to this day is seen playing hide and seek within the building and of course, outside the window too …
Babies were not let off from an early demise at this location either – one heart wrenching tale tells of an infant being left upon a table in the 1800’s, only to roll off onto the floor and meet an untimely end whilst his – or her, parents were preoccupied. Is the emotion from this tragic scene still trapped in the fabric of the building, resonating through time like an echo?
Suicides here have been reported – what tragedy could of these poor souls encountered to commit the ultimate act to free yourself from such torment. Can we make loving communication to try and understand what they were going through?
One Story that has recently been in the local media about the Four Crosses is that of the Black Eyed Children, witnessed to roam Cannock Chase and to also visit this former Inn. The Chase has been home to many legends over the years, such as witchcraft, UFO sightings, Slender men, and dark specters in the shape of giant black dogs with glowing red eyes.
The Four Crosses was constructed in 1636 and was built from old shipping timbers – a method that was quite common. It is said that these timbers carry an energy which can make you feel that you are swaying to and throw – as if out to sea yourself. Of course, these timbers are old themselves so who knows what extra energy – or spirits, they brought with them to their new home.
The Four Crosses has many stories and tragedies to bare – and they are waiting for you to discover on your ghost hunt here with Haunted Houses.
The quickest and easiest way to book is through our online booking system. Select a date from the list below and click book now to begin the booking process. We always want our customers to be able to experience the ghost hunt that’s right for them. Due to the limited capacity of popular and smaller venues, we always advise booking well in advance to avoid dissapointment.
Alternatively bookings can be made via our enquiries and bookings hotline. Call 01782 951747 to book your place today.
Haunted Houses Events will not permit anybody to attend the event if found to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. No refunds will be given. By booking this event you understand all terms and conditions.
By making this booking you do so with the intention of attending. All deposits and full balances are non-refundable or transferable in the event of your cancellation. It is your duty to get to the event on the booked date. Haunted houses pay the venue for your places in advance so are still liable to pay for your place once you have cancelled.
Please read the full Haunted Houses terms and conditions before making any booking.
Cancellations or amandments to bookings
- If the customer cancels the entire booking at any stage from point of sale, or fails to turn up on the event then the entire booking fee will be retained and is non-tranferable.
- If the customer reduces the number of persons attending the event, then the corresponding booking fees will be retained.
- All booking fees are non-refundable, unless where an event is cancelled/postponed see clause 14
Booking Fees, Deposits & Remaining Balances
- Places can be reserved on most Haunted Houses events via payment of the required deposit fee.
- Deposits can vary in value according to the event and details of deposits fees can be found on each individual event page.
- All deposit fees are non-refundable.
- Deposit fees alone do not confirm a customer’s place on an event, they are merely holding fees.
- Remaining balances must generally be paid one month prior to the event, unless otherwise stated on the event page, failure to pay on time may result in places being cancelled without any refund being offered.
- Full payment of the booking fee must be received prior to any event taking place, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Haunted Houses.
- Places will only be fully confirmed on receipt of full and final payment of the required total booking fee, either via payment of a remaining balance or full outright purchase.