Are you ready for a ghost hunt and sleepover at Kielder Castle? Situated in Kielder Forest Park – known to be the darkest location in Great Britain, remote and deadly silent, this place ticks all the boxes for a night of ghost hunting adventure with Haunted Houses events.
Your ghost hunt at Kielder Castle will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given. Followed bt a Haunted sleepover for the very brave.
There are many reported claims of the paranormal at Kielder Castle. Will you hear the ghostly voices calling out to you from the past! Perhaps the Victorian lady will unveil her secrets to you or perhaps you will feel the emotions of the poor servant girl suffering from heart break.
There are apparitions reported throughout the building including a man on a horse and the poor soul who was killed in a hunting accident. Will the sounds of running that are often heard be actual guests instead of spirit!
There have been reports of a malevolent male said to haunt the castle; will you discover who he is and why he is so tormented! Could he be the one who has been known to throw objects?
In the deep dark depths of the Northumberland forest lies the imposing Kielder Castle. Built in 1775 for the 1st duke of Northumberland this former hunting lodge is opening its doors so that Haunted Houses can unveil its secrets.
The land that Kielder castle sits upon is steeped in history. Not only is it built on an ancient burial site that dates back to 3000BC but it is also on land that suffered in the border wars and is also known to have been used for smuggling.
The magnificent hunting lodge that stands on the site today was built by architect William Newton for Hugh, the 1st duke of Northumberland. It was later rebuilt in the mid-19th century but was very rarely used, so in the 1930’s it was sold to the forestry commission and it was used as a working men’s club for the foresters. In the 1980’s it became the visitor’s centre that you see today.
The quickest and easiest way to book is through our online booking system. Select a date from the list below and click book now to begin the booking process. We always want our customers to be able to experience the ghost hunt that’s right for them. Due to the limited capacity of popular and smaller venues, we always advise booking well in advance to avoid dissapointment.
Alternatively bookings can be made via our enquiries and bookings hotline. Call 01782 951747 to book your place today.
Haunted Houses Events will not permit anybody to attend the event if found to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. No refunds will be given. By booking this event you understand all terms and conditions.
By making this booking you do so with the intention of attending. All deposits and full balances are non-refundable or transferable in the event of your cancellation. It is your duty to get to the event on the booked date. Haunted houses pay the venue for your places in advance so are still liable to pay for your place once you have cancelled.
Please read the full Haunted Houses terms and conditions before making any booking.
Cancellations or amandments to bookings
- If the customer cancels the entire booking at any stage from point of sale, or fails to turn up on the event then the entire booking fee will be retained and is non-tranferable.
- If the customer reduces the number of persons attending the event, then the corresponding booking fees will be retained.
- All booking fees are non-refundable, unless where an event is cancelled/postponed see clause 14
Booking Fees, Deposits & Remaining Balances
- Places can be reserved on most Haunted Houses events via payment of the required deposit fee.
- Deposits can vary in value according to the event and details of deposits fees can be found on each individual event page.
- All deposit fees are non-refundable.
- Deposit fees alone do not confirm a customer’s place on an event, they are merely holding fees.
- Remaining balances must generally be paid one month prior to the event, unless otherwise stated on the event page, failure to pay on time may result in places being cancelled without any refund being offered.
- Full payment of the booking fee must be received prior to any event taking place, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Haunted Houses.
- Places will only be fully confirmed on receipt of full and final payment of the required total booking fee, either via payment of a remaining balance or full outright purchase.