Your Ghost Hunt at Mill Street Barracks will whisk you away to a world of British military history.
On entering this large location, it will be clear to you that it still maintains a strong navy connection – for this is a training center for the St. Heles Sea cadets. But do not be fooled by your cheery first impressions, Haunted Houses Events considers this very building to be one of the most active buildings we have visited which has left our guests huddled together in fear!
Your ghost hunt at Mill Street Barracks will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given.
Your visit to Mill Street Barracks visit may give you strange whistles coming out of the darkness, taps and bangs in many areas from unknown sources, and an uneasy feeling felt in the cellar with icy blasts blowing across you.
The Spirit of a former soldier called James, has been known to take a fancy to the ladies, but in quite a cruel way! For her likes to touch and plagiarise woman who are attractive to him and push away and try to scare those he considers to be less attractive.
His reaction to other men is as if he believes himself to be above them, ignoring them to only react to woman investigators. The Spirit of a tea lady with trolley is seen in the Drill Hall, standing in the corner without moving. The spirit of a three-legged dog has been reported here too. His growls are quite prominent against a silent room.
A Sinister dark shadow has been seen moving around in the creepy cellar below ground, with lots of taps, bangs heard, plus this spectre is known to interact with ghost hunters in a strong way, often resulting in people freezing in terror! When a recording of an air raid siren is played through this building, or wartime songs – it is said to stir up a hive of ghostly activity. Will you be the one to press play?
Mill Street Barracks is British War history, once acting as the many branches of the armed forces through many wars and battles. In 1890, the building was listed as the Headquarters of the 2nd Volunteer South Lancashire Regiment, and during both World Wars the building was used not only as a RAF barracks but also for the housing of wounded soldiers.
With its past being set in the darkest days of British History, there was no doubt it would leave its mark on the building. There have been many reports of sightings of ghosts, strange sounds, poltergeist activity and much more!
The quickest and easiest way to book is through our online booking system. Select a date from the list below and click book now to begin the booking process. We always want our customers to be able to experience the ghost hunt that’s right for them. Due to the limited capacity of popular and smaller venues, we always advise booking well in advance to avoid dissapointment.
Alternatively bookings can be made via our enquiries and bookings hotline. Call 01782 951747 to book your place today.
Haunted Houses Events will not permit anybody to attend the event if found to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. No refunds will be given. By booking this event you understand all terms and conditions.
By making this booking you do so with the intention of attending. All deposits and full balances are non-refundable or transferable in the event of your cancellation. It is your duty to get to the event on the booked date. Haunted houses pay the venue for your places in advance so are still liable to pay for your place once you have cancelled.
Please read the full Haunted Houses terms and conditions before making any booking.
Cancellations or amandments to bookings
- If the customer cancels the entire booking at any stage from point of sale, or fails to turn up on the event then the entire booking fee will be retained and is non-tranferable.
- If the customer reduces the number of persons attending the event, then the corresponding booking fees will be retained.
- All booking fees are non-refundable, unless where an event is cancelled/postponed see clause 14
Booking Fees, Deposits & Remaining Balances
- Places can be reserved on most Haunted Houses events via payment of the required deposit fee.
- Deposits can vary in value according to the event and details of deposits fees can be found on each individual event page.
- All deposit fees are non-refundable.
- Deposit fees alone do not confirm a customer’s place on an event, they are merely holding fees.
- Remaining balances must generally be paid one month prior to the event, unless otherwise stated on the event page, failure to pay on time may result in places being cancelled without any refund being offered.
- Full payment of the booking fee must be received prior to any event taking place, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Haunted Houses.
- Places will only be fully confirmed on receipt of full and final payment of the required total booking fee, either via payment of a remaining balance or full outright purchase.