Are you ready to spend the full night participating in a spooky ghost hunt and sleepover at a former police station in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire?
The Old Nick Theatre in Gainsborough is a terrifying place for an overnight ghost hunt. Since it’s opening over 23 tormented deaths have been documented to of occurred here, more than many locations ten times its size. This location boasts very dark cells and corridors for you to investigate and of course, to sleep in. This is a place that only the brave should enter. Join the Haunted Houses team at The Old Nick Theatre, Gainsborough, at what was once the centre of justice for the town of Gainsborough. This is a special ghost hunt that will excite even the most experienced paranormal investigator and newbie alike.
Your event includes 12 hours on location. Spend time investigating the many areas of the Old Nick Theatre, from the police quarters, creepy cells, exercise yards to the old courtroom upstairs, which now serves its purpose as a theatre!
Your ghost hunt at The Old Nick Theatre will see you exploring all areas of the building made available to us, where you will be able to experience glass divination, table tipping and a group human pendulum experiment. Plus, for those comfortable enough – Ouija boards will also be on hand for you to use – all to aid your communication with the dead. Also, you will have a whole host of the most up-to-date ghost hunting gadgets to use whilst you carry out your ghost hunt. Taking part in spirit call-outs and wait to see what happens in the silence that follows. Haunted Houses likes to work in small teams to give you the very best experience possible. For the very brave lone vigils (ghost hunting in a room all alone) are very popular and plenty of opportunities to do so will be given.
About this ghost hunt:
Pick a spot to bed down for the night, the choice of sleeping areas is yours, and if you are brave enough you can sleep in one of three VERY active prison cells!! Don’t worry – there are also more comfortable and warmer areas to sleep in the building so a sleepover at the Old Nick caters for all.
- Ghost hunting in small, personal groups
- An introduction to ghost hunting techniques and equipment
- Psychic and scientific experiments throughout the night
- A Psychic medium on hand to give guidance on most ghost hunts
- Lone vigils in the dark for the very brave
- Full use of our equipment
- Unlimited hot and cold drinks, crisps and biscuits
- A light continental breakfast is available in the morning
- A friendly, energetic and professional team delivering an amazing experience
- This location has no sleeping facilities, you are required to bring your own camp beds and sleeping bags/pillows
- Haunted Houses Events will provide all refreshments throughout the night inclusive
- This location has no shower facilities. Hand basins only
- This location has street parking only
- This location is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues
- All attendees must be 18 years or older
- Guests are to bring any personal snacks, medications and wash items as per required
- This is a very dark location, all attendees must bring a torch with them
- All attendees are expected to wear sensible shoes and warm layered clothing
Ghostly Activity includes Dark shadowy figures and frightening poltergeist activity in the dark derelict police cells. Figures have been seen in the theatre area which was used as the Old Court. Disembodied voices, loud footsteps and a dark sinister presence have also been reported. With over 25 deaths inside this Old Police Station no wonder it holds so many ghosts.
Our previous visits have seen high amounts of activity, from locked off trigger objects being moved, to whistles coming out of the darkness. The Old Nick is the favourite haunted location for many of the Haunted Houses team.
The Old Nick was built in 1850 and served as the towns Police station and magistrates court for over one hundred years, which housed the town’s most notorious criminals until 1970. In 1979 it was purchased by the Gainsborough Theatre Company and the court room was converted into a small theatre. Small café added and is still used to this day as a venue for entertainment.
In 2017 the neglected cells and police station which had remained untouched since its closure in the 1970’s, was transformed into a Police museum which now houses a large display of local Police and crime memorabilia.
The quickest and easiest way to book is through our online booking system. Select a date from the list below and click book now to begin the booking process. We always want our customers to be able to experience the ghost hunt that’s right for them. Due to the limited capacity of popular and smaller venues, we always advise booking well in advance to avoid dissapointment.
Alternatively bookings can be made via our enquiries and bookings hotline. Call 01782 951747 to book your place today.
Haunted Houses Events will not permit anybody to attend the event if found to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. No refunds will be given. By booking this event you understand all terms and conditions.
By making this booking you do so with the intention of attending. All deposits and full balances are non-refundable or transferable in the event of your cancellation. It is your duty to get to the event on the booked date. Haunted houses pay the venue for your places in advance so are still liable to pay for your place once you have cancelled.
Please read the full Haunted Houses terms and conditions before making any booking.
Cancellations or amandments to bookings
- If the customer cancels the entire booking at any stage from point of sale, or fails to turn up on the event then the entire booking fee will be retained and is non-tranferable.
- If the customer reduces the number of persons attending the event, then the corresponding booking fees will be retained.
- All booking fees are non-refundable, unless where an event is cancelled/postponed see clause 14
Booking Fees, Deposits & Remaining Balances
- Places can be reserved on most Haunted Houses events via payment of the required deposit fee.
- Deposits can vary in value according to the event and details of deposits fees can be found on each individual event page.
- All deposit fees are non-refundable.
- Deposit fees alone do not confirm a customer’s place on an event, they are merely holding fees.
- Remaining balances must generally be paid one month prior to the event, unless otherwise stated on the event page, failure to pay on time may result in places being cancelled without any refund being offered.
- Full payment of the booking fee must be received prior to any event taking place, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Haunted Houses.
- Places will only be fully confirmed on receipt of full and final payment of the required total booking fee, either via payment of a remaining balance or full outright purchase.